The Merage School offers four dynamic MBA programs – plus PhD and undergraduate business degrees – that deliver its thematic approach to business education: sustained growth through strategic innovation. Business leadership, collaboration and communication are taught through in-class and on-site experiences with real-world business problems. Seven Centers of Excellence and an Executive Education program provide numerous and varied opportunities for students and the business community at large to enhance their education experience and update their professional expertise. While The Paul Merage School of Business is relatively young (the first class began in 1967), it has quickly grown to consistently rank among the top 10% of all AACSB-accredited programs through exceptional student recruitment, world-class faculty, a strong alumni network and close individual and corporate partnerships who generously invest in the School with both time and contributions.
Financial Times Ranks UC Irvine’s Paul Merage School of Business 26th in the U.S.
Irvine, CA – (January 28, 2013) – In the 2013 Financial Times Global MBA rankings report released today, UC Irvine’s Paul Merage School of Business was ranked #26 in the U.S. and 9th among public universities in the U.S. In addition, the Merage School ranks 5th in the U.S. for students employed within 90 days of graduation (at 94%) and is the #1 school in the U.S. for percentage of women faculty and percentage of women students. The ranking places the Merage School among the top 5% of accredited programs and can be attributed to significant increases in the School’s faculty research, an increase in weighted salary, and major strides in employment success and percentage of women students.
“This Financial Times report confirms the progress toward our primary initiative: creating one of the world’s top public university research-based business schools,” said Andrew J. Policano, dean of The Paul Merage School of Business. “We have made a commitment to our students to provide the highest quality MBA education possible. Our faculty, students, staff and the business community have provided us with invaluable feedback on how we can continue to improve our curriculum and resources to better meet the demands of our students and the employers that hire them. We listened closely and we implemented many suggestions. This ranking clearly illustrates the value of this open dialog and sets the stage for future successes at the School.”
“It’s rewarding to see our work recognized through these results,” said Tom Kozicki, executive director of MBA Career Services. “Several years ago we made a conscious strategic decision to provide our students with additional resources to help them successfully manage the interview process, secure strong post-MBA positions and career management guidance and training. The Financial Times ranking this year indicates that these efforts, and the hard work of our students, have made a difference.”
The Merage School’s Full-Time MBA program ranked 33rd in the world for faculty research and 26th in the U.S. In addition, the Merage School’s placement success score jumped 32 spots to #51 globally according to the new Financial Times report. The Merage School’s overall global ranking is #54 in the report.
About the Methodology
The Financial Times Global MBA rankings report methodology consists of three factors: an alumni survey (59% of ranking) that includes a survey of the current alumni class and alumni surveys of two previous graduating classes; a school survey (31% of ranking) that includes placement, international orientation, gender diversity, doctoral rank, and faculty with doctorates; and a faculty research rank score (10% of ranking) that is calculated according to the number of faculty publications in 40 international and academic practitioner journals, in approximately the previous 3.5 years. The faculty research rank score is weighted based on the full-time faculty size.
UC Irvine Ranks First in the Nation on List of Top 100 Universities Under 50 Years Old
UC Irvine is No. 1 in the U.S. and No. 4 in the world among the 100 best universities less than 50 years old, according to an analysis by Times Higher Education. Founded in 1965, UC Irvine also is the youngest university to gain membership in the prestigious Association of American Universities. You can read more about this ranking on the UC Irvine website.
School and Program Rankings
- Executive MBA ranked #36 in the world and #29 in the U.S.
- Full-Time MBA ranked #43 in the U.S. and top 5 in California
- Executive MBA ranked #40 in the world (Top Tier)
- Full-Time MBA Program is ranked among the Top 50 nationally.
- Full-Time MBA Program is ranked among the Top 20 of all U.S. Public Schools.
- Faculty Research / Intellectual Capital is ranked #20 in U.S.
- MBA Compensation 10 Years After Graduation is ranked #25 nationally.
- Full-Time MBA Program is ranked #26 in the U.S. and #9 among U.S. public universities.
- Employment of MBA students within three months of graduation is ranked #5 in the US.
- Percentage of women faculty and women students ranked #1 among U.S. schools.
- Full-Time MBA Program is ranked #33 for research in the world, #26 in the U.S.
- Executive MBA Program is ranked #10 among U.S.-only-based programs and #44 in the world
- Full-Time MBA Program is ranked #43 in the U.S. and #19 among U.S. public universities.
- Full-Time MBA Program is ranked #34 for research in the U.S.
- Employment of MBA students within three months of graduation is ranked #1 in the US.
- Full-Time MBA Program is ranked #43 in the U.S. and #72 internationally.
U.S. News & World Report
- Executive MBA ranked 25 in the U.S.
- Full-Time MBA Program is ranked #40 in U.S. and #17 among U.S. public universities.
- Fully Employed MBA Program (FEMBA) is ranked #21 in U.S. among part-time programs.
- Executive MBA ranked 23 in U.S.
- The School is ranked #45 on the U.S. Top 50 Forbes list of Business Schools with the Best Return on Investment.
Wall Street Journal/Harris Interactive
- The School is ranked #42 regionally and #7 nationally for Information Technology.
- Health Care Executive MBA ranked Top-30 in US
Expansion Magazine/Time, Inc.
- Full-Time MBA program is ranked #47 internationally for "The Best Global MBAs for Mexicans"