The Merage School offers four dynamic MBA programs – plus PhD and undergraduate business degrees – that deliver its thematic approach to business education: sustained growth through strategic innovation. Business leadership, collaboration and communication are taught through in-class and on-site experiences with real-world business problems. Seven Centers of Excellence and an Executive Education program provide numerous and varied opportunities for students and the business community at large to enhance their education experience and update their professional expertise. While The Paul Merage School of Business is relatively young (the first class began in 1967), it has quickly grown to consistently rank among the top 10% of all AACSB-accredited programs through exceptional student recruitment, world-class faculty, a strong alumni network and close individual and corporate partnerships who generously invest in the School with both time and contributions.
Financial Times Ranks UC Irvine’s Paul Merage School of Business Among Top 25 in the U.S., Top 50 in the World
In the latest 2015 Financial Times Global MBA rankings report, UC Irvine’s Paul Merage School of Business was ranked among the top 25 schools in the U.S. and 43rd in the world overall, up 5 spots from last year and up 38 spots from the 2012 ranking. The Merage School also placed 7th among public institutions in the U.S.
"We are definitely on the right trajectory, said Merage School Dean Eric Spangenberg. "We are extremely focused on expanding our global reach, redefining business education, and delivering high return on investment, and we are diligent in our efforts to improve student career outcomes. Our progress toward these goals is clearly reflected in our continued ascendance in the rankings."
In addition to the top overall rankings, the Merage School ranks number 1 in the world for percentage of women faculty. The Merage School was tied at 29th in the world and 25th in the U.S for faculty research. The School moved up significantly in areas related to salary, ranking 17th in world placement success, and tied for 19th in the world and tied for 7th in the U.S. for salary percentage increases. “Through our professional development planning process, our students are making informed decisions about the jobs they take upon graduation to put themselves on the right career path,” said Tom Kozicki, executive director of the Merage School’s MBA Career Center. “The 2015 results reinforce the importance of our approach for long term career success.”
The Financial Times 2015 ranking places the Merage School among the top 5 percent of all AACSB-accredited programs in the U.S.
UC Irvine Ranks First in the Nation on List of Top 100 Universities Under 50 Years Old
UC Irvine is No. 1 in the U.S. and No. 4 in the world among the 100 best universities less than 50 years old, according to an analysis by Times Higher Education. Founded in 1965, UC Irvine also is the youngest university to gain membership in the prestigious Association of American Universities. You can read more about this ranking on the UC Irvine website.
School and Program Rankings
- Executive MBA ranked #36 in the world and #29 in the U.S.
- Fully Employed MBA ranked 10th in the West region.
- Full-Time MBA ranked #43 in the U.S. and top 5 in California.
- Executive MBA ranked #40 in the world (Top Tier).
- Full-Time MBA Program is ranked among the Top 50 nationally.
- Full-Time MBA Program is ranked among the Top 20 of all U.S. Public Schools.
- Faculty Research / Intellectual Capital is ranked #20 in U.S.
- MBA Compensation 10 Years After Graduation is ranked #25 nationally.
- Full-Time MBA Program is ranked Top 25 in the U.S., #7 among U.S. public universities and #43 globally.
- Percentage of women faculty ranked #1 in the world.
- Faculty is tied for 25th in the U.S. and tied for 29th in the world for research in the world.
- Tied for 7th in the U.S. and 19th in the world for salary percentage increase
- #15th in the U.S. and #17 in the world for placement sucess rank
- Full-Time MBA Program is ranked Top 25 in the U.S., #9 among U.S. public universities and #48 globally.
- Percentage of women faculty ranked #1 in the world.
- Tied for 4th in the U.S. and tied for 16th in the world for percentage of women students.
- Faculty is tied for 24th in the U.S. and tied for 28th in the world for research in the world.
- Ranked #10 in the world for e-business.
- Full-Time MBA Program is ranked #26 in the U.S. and #9 among U.S. public universities.
- Employment of MBA students within three months of graduation is ranked #5 in the US.
- Percentage of women faculty and women students ranked #1 among U.S. schools.
- Full-Time MBA Program is ranked #33 for research in the world, #26 in the U.S.
- Executive MBA Program is ranked #10 among U.S.-only-based programs and #44 in the world
- Full-Time MBA Program is ranked #43 in the U.S. and #19 among U.S. public universities.
- Full-Time MBA Program is ranked #34 for research in the U.S.
- Employment of MBA students within three months of graduation is ranked #1 in the US.
- Full-Time MBA Program is ranked #43 in the U.S. and #72 internationally.
U.S. News & World Report
- Executive MBA ranked 25 in the U.S.
- Full-Time MBA Program is ranked #40 in U.S. and #17 among U.S. public universities.
- Fully Employed MBA Program (FEMBA) is ranked #21 in U.S. among part-time programs.
- Executive MBA ranked 23 in U.S.
- The School is ranked #45 on the U.S. Top 50 Forbes list of Business Schools with the Best Return on Investment.
Wall Street Journal/Harris Interactive
- The School is ranked #42 regionally and #7 nationally for Information Technology.
- Health Care Executive MBA ranked Top-30 in U.S.
Expansion Magazine/Time, Inc.
- Full-Time MBA program is ranked #47 internationally for "The Best Global MBAs for Mexicans."