The Merage School offers four dynamic MBA programs – plus PhD and undergraduate business degrees – that deliver its thematic approach to business education: sustained growth through strategic innovation. Business leadership, collaboration and communication are taught through in-class and on-site experiences with real-world business problems. Seven Centers of Excellence and an Executive Education program provide numerous and varied opportunities for students and the business community at large to enhance their education experience and update their professional expertise. While The Paul Merage School of Business is relatively young (the first class began in 1967), it has quickly grown to consistently rank among the top 10% of all AACSB-accredited programs through exceptional student recruitment, world-class faculty, a strong alumni network and close individual and corporate partnerships who generously invest in the School with both time and contributions.
Financial Times Ranks UC Irvine’s Paul Merage School of Business Among Top 25 in the U.S., Top 50 in the World
In the 2014 Financial Times Global MBA rankings report released today, UC Irvine’s Paul Merage School of Business was ranked among the top 25 schools in the U.S. and 48th in the world overall, up 6 spots from last year and up 33 spots from the 2012 ranking. The Merage School also placed 9th among public institutions in the U.S.
“We are proud to be among the top 25 research-based business schools in the U.S. The Merage School set a goal in our strategic plan to be recognized among this group of schools. The Financial Times 2014 report is the realization of that goal and confirms the outstanding progress we have made towards our primary objective: creating a world-class business school with leading-edge research and faculty,” said Rajeev Tyagi, interim dean of The Paul Merage School of Business.
In addition to the top overall rankings, the Merage School ranks number 1 in the world for percentage of women faculty, which has grown to 47 percent from 40 percent a year ago, and tied for 4th in the U.S. for percentage of female students. For faculty research, the Merage School ranked 28th in the world, up from 33 in 2013, and tied for 24th in the U.S. The Merage School tied for 39th in the world and tied for 23rd in the U.S. on alumni salary increases. Students reported a 100 percent average salary increase from the start of the program to now.
“We continue to make enhancements to our programs and curriculum in support of our commitment to students to provide the highest quality MBA education possible,” continued Tyagi. “This international acclaim from Financial Times can be attributed to the excellent collaboration between our dedicated faculty, students, alumni, staff and business community. The increases in faculty research, women faculty hiring and alumni salaries illustrate the progress we have made and provide additional momentum for future successes at the School.”
The Financial Times 2014 ranking places the Merage School among the top 5 percent of all AACSB-accredited programs in the U.S.
UC Irvine Ranks First in the Nation on List of Top 100 Universities Under 50 Years Old
UC Irvine is No. 1 in the U.S. and No. 4 in the world among the 100 best universities less than 50 years old, according to an analysis by Times Higher Education. Founded in 1965, UC Irvine also is the youngest university to gain membership in the prestigious Association of American Universities. You can read more about this ranking on the UC Irvine website.
School and Program Rankings
- Executive MBA ranked #36 in the world and #29 in the U.S.
- Fully Employed MBA ranked 10th in the West region.
- Full-Time MBA ranked #43 in the U.S. and top 5 in California.
- Executive MBA ranked #40 in the world (Top Tier).
- Full-Time MBA Program is ranked among the Top 50 nationally.
- Full-Time MBA Program is ranked among the Top 20 of all U.S. Public Schools.
- Faculty Research / Intellectual Capital is ranked #20 in U.S.
- MBA Compensation 10 Years After Graduation is ranked #25 nationally.
- Full-Time MBA Program is ranked Top 25 in the U.S., #9 among U.S. public universities and #48 globally.
- Percentage of women faculty ranked #1 in the world.
- Tied for 4th in the U.S. and tied for 16th in the world for percentage of women students.
- Faculty is tied for 24th in the U.S. and tied for 28th in the world for research in the world.
- Ranked #10 in the world for e-business.
- Full-Time MBA Program is ranked #26 in the U.S. and #9 among U.S. public universities.
- Employment of MBA students within three months of graduation is ranked #5 in the US.
- Percentage of women faculty and women students ranked #1 among U.S. schools.
- Full-Time MBA Program is ranked #33 for research in the world, #26 in the U.S.
- Executive MBA Program is ranked #10 among U.S.-only-based programs and #44 in the world
- Full-Time MBA Program is ranked #43 in the U.S. and #19 among U.S. public universities.
- Full-Time MBA Program is ranked #34 for research in the U.S.
- Employment of MBA students within three months of graduation is ranked #1 in the US.
- Full-Time MBA Program is ranked #43 in the U.S. and #72 internationally.
U.S. News & World Report
- Executive MBA ranked 25 in the U.S.
- Full-Time MBA Program is ranked #40 in U.S. and #17 among U.S. public universities.
- Fully Employed MBA Program (FEMBA) is ranked #21 in U.S. among part-time programs.
- Executive MBA ranked 23 in U.S.
- The School is ranked #45 on the U.S. Top 50 Forbes list of Business Schools with the Best Return on Investment.
Wall Street Journal/Harris Interactive
- The School is ranked #42 regionally and #7 nationally for Information Technology.
- Health Care Executive MBA ranked Top-30 in U.S.
Expansion Magazine/Time, Inc.
- Full-Time MBA program is ranked #47 internationally for "The Best Global MBAs for Mexicans."