- Annual membership fee of $5,000 includes all eight to ten stimulating tours and/or salon events held during the next 12 months from receipt of payment (see box at right). All contributions over the value of $250 for goods and services are tax deductible ($4,750) to the maximum amount allowed by law (includes events, most lunches; excludes parking, high-end meals, or any long distance travel to events).
- Donation primarily provides funding for educational programs at UC Irvine’s Paul Merage School of Business, plus you may designate up to $1,000 of your membership fee for the UC Irvine school or program of your choice at the end of the academic year.
How Do I Join?
It's as easy as 1, 2, 3:
- Send an email to Mary Patrick and/or Diane Sagey and tell us a little about yourself so we can introduce you to the other members and put you on our mailing list.
- If you wish, you may be included in our website profiles; please email us a short bio and photo of your choice.
- Please pay your membership fee online by secure credit card at www.uadv.uci.edu/TheProsperitasGroup OR please mail a check payable to UCI Foundation to:
UC Irvine Merage School
Irvine, CA 92697-3125
To learn more or make other arrangements, please contact Executive Director Mary Patrick (email Mary) or Merage School Partner Diane Sagey (email Diane or call 949-824-7823).
Prosperitas—the Latin term for hope and success—is a private membership community where successful innovators and leaders meet to ignite ideas, create connections, and raise awareness about the critical topics of our times.
The membership is intentionally limited to create an intimacy that allows each member to fully engage in discussion and debate with featured thought-leaders and one another.
Because busy people need an escape from the demands unique to success, this forum is for support, fellowship and education only. Members have a safe space to explore ideas, free from business networking or direct solicitations.
Members enjoy a “back stage pass” to the ideas, innovators, and organizations that are changing the world for good. In turn, they serve as University ambassadors by sharing the information and excitement with their own extended communities for the long-term benefit of UC Irvine.
Members typically meet once each month, September through June, alternating formats to accommodate most schedules as often as possible:
- Morning UC Irvine "Backstage Pass" tours highlight an exciting new discovery followed by discussion at lunch, plus one or two “field trip” formats that may be day-long visits to related venues. You’ll meet the scholars and business leaders who are advancing science, technology, business, politics, social movements, community and the arts in unique and startling ways.
- Members Salons are social gatherings hosted at the homes of Prosperitas members for lively discussion and debate on the topic at hand, often facilitated by a UC Irvine thought-leader who helps to reinforce knowledge gained during tours and outline ways you can share this information with your spheres of influence.