Business Community Opportunities
The Paul Merage School of Business at UC Irvine maintains close ties with business leaders from many of the most prominent and up-and-coming businesses in Orange County and beyond. Teaming up with a leading management school is a win-win situation. You will gain access to exclusive networks, top MBA talent and the latest business knowledge emerging from faculty research. Additionally, you will be helping Merage School MBAs gain first-hand exposure to the business world.
We invite you to explore the many opportunities available to you. For a quick guide to Merage School opportunities, please check out our Get Connected brochure here and our Network Connections brochure here.
For a list of contacts to any of the areas of involvement below, please click here.
- Dean's Leadership Circle — this very inclusive group has grown to become the premiere business — and often social — network for executives in southern California and beyond.
- Dean's Advisory Board (by invitation) — top executives across industries are called upon to help make the School and its programs the best they can be.
- Centers of Excellence Board Memberships — seven Centers and Institutes bridge the campus to the community in specialized areas — collaboration, research and learning benefit both.
- Executive Education Programs — from the Certificate in Leadership for Healthcare Transformation to the Certificate in Management for Technical Professionals and other offerings, there are open enrollment programs and custom program opportunities for everyone to brush up or learn new skills. Programs are led by world-renown faculty from the Merage School.
- Executive Mentoring Program — certainly one of the most satisfying opportunities, executives provide leadership and guidance to MBA students, often well past graduation.
- Business Plan Competition — consider becoming a team coach or judge in one of the nation's premier business plan competitions, offering all UC Irvine students, staff and researchers the opportunity to form a team, create a business plan and potentially fund their business idea.
- SCORE — participate as a consultant to entrepreneurial students, researchers, and faculty wanting to develop business plans and new ventures.
- Information Interviews — advise current students or alumni with career advice or industry/area of expertise insights.
For Companies and Organizations
- Corporate Partners Program — providing companies and organizations with a direct business and philanthropic connection to the School, the CPP facilitates networking within and across industries.
- MBA Consulting Projects — many of the area's largest companies and non-profits have benefited from MBA consulting teams' insightful recommendations following efficient 10-week studies.
- Centers of Excellence Memberships — each center offers opportunities to learn and share industry insights in an academic, collaborative atmosphere.
- Executive Education Programs — completely customized and tailored programs in all areas that take management and leadership individual and team skills to the next level. Programs are led by world-renown faculty from the Merage School.
- MBA Recruitment Services — from internships to MBAs fresh with the latest skills to savvy seasoned executives, the Merage School is your first stop for first-rate MBA talent.
In addition to the various boards and programs available, we invite you to explore general public events and opportunities to support the School: