Real Estate Finance and Investment Analysis Program
This program will provide students an overview of how to analyze and finance a real estate investment. Learn essential Excel skill sets to prepare property cash flows and create dynamic and sophisticated commercial real estate valuation models to analyze transactions on both an unlevered and levered basis.
At the end of this program, students will:
- Develop an advanced knowledge of real estate valuation concepts and apply them in Excel
- Build dynamic and easily auditable complex real estate financial models using the latest best practices in the real estate industry
- Prepare advanced sensitivity and scenario analyses to evaluate commercial real estate investments
- Utilize and learn sources for real estate market and economic data
- Forecast and model property cash flows and underwrite commercial real estate transaction
- Understand critical due diligence materials
- Underwriting different product types (office, retail, industrial)
- Modeling different investment structures (outright purchase, development, joint venture, refinancing, etc.)
- Evaluating alternative financing methods (senior debt, mezzanine debt, bridge financing, joint venture equity, etc.)
- Preparing market analysis (market/submarket, demographic and economic profiles)
- Understanding the various types of investors (return profiles, reposition and exit strategies, current actie market participants)
- Reviewing transaction documentation (offering memorandum, third party reports, typical due diligence materials)
Dates: Six (6) Thursdays
1. April 6, 2017
2. April 13, 2017
3. April 20, 2017
4. April 27, 2017
5. May 4, 2017
6. May 11, 2017
Location: UC Irvine The Paul Merage School of Business
*Registration includes program sessions, course materials and parking permits. Students will need to bring/supply their own laptop for each class.
*Scholarships and preferred pricing are being offered to current Merage School students (undergraduate and master's level), UCI Alumni, and current Center for Real Estate advisory board members.
For preferred pricing questions and to obtain the appropriate discount code, please contact the Center for Real Estate at 949.824.1472.
Contact the Office of Executive Education ExecEd@merage.uci.edu 949.824.6610 for questions.
Programs offered in partnership with UCI's Paul Merage School of Business'