The AACSB Bridge Program
Connecting Senior Executives to a Career in Academia
Considering a career in academia?
AACSB International, partnered with the University of California, Irvine’s The Paul Merage School of Business and the University of Southern California’s Marshall School of Business, developed this program to provide a path for business leaders to move from the corporate office into the classroom. The program is open to senior-level business professionals of all industries and disciplines that meet the initial requirements for instructional practitioner status at AACSB-accredited schools.
The AACSB Bridge Program enables participants to:
- Understand academic culture and today’s student
- Discover what makes truly great teachers
- Develop effective teaching skills and the fundamentals of course development and delivery
- Gain valuable insight into the student learning process
Program Delivery Methods
- Instructional Presentations
- Lecture Discussions
- Group Deliberations
- Lab Exercises
- Guest Speakers
- Corresponding Daily Assignments
Qualifications of the Preferred Candidate
A master’s degree and professional experience of significant duration and responsibility in disciplines related to business education:
- Actively practicing in professional and/or consulting assignment at time of application
- Minimum of 5-7 years of extensive professional and/or senior level management experience
- Minimum of 7-10 years of in-depth industry experience with significant levels of responsibility and expertise
- Actively contributing to their field of expertise through written contribution, participation in professional development activities and experience
- Outstanding managerial or professional achievements that have significantly impacted an organization or the industry
TO APPLY OR LEARN MORE, CLICK THE LINK BELOW.
For more information about the Bridge Program, upcoming program dates / locations, and to apply please click here.
Contact: Lynette Mabutol Lynette.Mabutol@uci.edu 949.824.0523 for questions.