The AACSB Bridge Program
Connecting Senior Executives to a Career in Academia
Considering a career in academia?
AACSB International, partnered with the University of California, Irvine’s The Paul Merage School of Business and the University of Southern California’s Marshall School of Business, has developed a new program to prepare high-level senior executives for a professionally qualified faculty position, enabling the transfer of professional experience into teaching excellence.
The AACSB Bridge Program enables participants to
- Understand academic culture and today’s student
- Discover what makes truly great teachers
- Develop effective teaching skills and the fundamentals of course development and delivery
- Gain valuable insight into the student learning process
Program Delivery Methods
- Instructional Presentations
- Lecture Discussions
- Group Deliberations
- Lab Exercises
- Guest Speakers
- Corresponding Daily Assignments
High Demand for Faculty
The AASCB International report, Management Education at Risk, indicates a critical need for qualified business school faculty members. According to AACSB’s globally-accepted accreditation standards, faculty are eligible to teach based on academic qualifications (AQ) or professional qualifications (PQ). While there is a high demand for both AQ and PQ faculty, the AACSB Bridge Program helps address the need for professionally qualified faculty recruited specifically from the business community.
Qualifications of the Preferred Candidate
A master’s degree and professional experience of significant duration and responsibility in disciplines related to business education:
- Actively practicing in professional and/or consulting assignment at time of application
- Minimum of 5-7 years of extensive professional and/or senior level management experience
- Minimum of 7-10 years of in-depth industry experience with significant levels of responsibility and expertise
- Actively contributing to their field of expertise through written contribution, participation in professional development activities and experience
- Outstanding managerial or professional achievements that have significantly impacted an organization or the industry
TO APPLY OR LEARN MORE, CLICK THE LINK BELOW.
For more information about the Bridge Program, upcoming program dates / locations, and to apply please click here.
Please e-mail Lynette Albovias to be added to our e-mail distribution for future program offerings.