Certificate in Arts Management
The Art of Business for the Creative Professional
Proudly presented by UC Irvine’s Paul Merage School of Business in partnership with The Claire Trevor School of the Arts, the Certificate in Arts Management is an interactive, online program led by vanguard faculty who teach foundational business principles for practical applications in the arts and creative industries.
The program builds upon the passion of the creative professional. It addresses the scope of responsibilities facing leaders in today's art and creative organizations and equips the learner with the skills necessary to manage marketing, fundraising, finance, business development and to lead effectively.
This Certificate in Arts Management applies to careers in the visual and performing arts, museum and gallery management, theatre and company management, orchestra management, gaming, cultural affairs, marketing and many more.
- Highly Accessible - Online and interactive.
- Compact and rich 12 week program.
- Access to experienced faculty.
- Fully endorsed certificate from UCI's Paul Merage School of Business & Claire Trevor School of the Arts.
- Art and Creative Organizations looking to drive team development.
- Individuals looking for a career in arts management and/or professional growth.
- Trustees and Leaders with increased oversight, roles and responsibilities.
- Working artists looking to strengthen the ability to manage their own careers.
- Module 1: Effective Leadership
- Module 2: Accounting and Finance Management
- Module 3: Strategic Marketing
- Module 4: Critical Thinking and Decision-Making
- Module 5: Fundraising and Board Management
Preferred Pricing for groups of 2 or more ‒ Please use code: CAMGROUP
UCI students, UCI alumni, Non-profit board members ‒ Please contact the Office of Executive Education at ExecEd@merage.uci.edu or 949.824.6610 for your Preferred Pricing code!
Program Dates and Registration
Summer/Fall 2017 program dates - to be announced soon.
Please email ExecEd@merage.uci.edu to request to receive program updates.