Certificate in Leadership for Healthcare Transformation
Essential Business Knowledge for Empowerment in the New Paradigm
The healthcare value chain is undergoing major transformation. Traditional education and training has not prepared healthcare professionals for this new environment. In response to this need, the Office of Executive Education at top-ranked UC Irvine's Paul Merage School of Business presents the prestigious Certificate in Leadership for Healthcare Transformation. Now is the time for clinicians and administrators to acquire new skills and frameworks necessary to thrive and lead in tomorrow's healthcare landscape.
As the healthcare paradigm shifts from “Fee for Service” to “Fee for Value,” it is critical for professionals throughout healthcare and related industries to understand the new relationships and navigate them confidently.
2017 Program Dates:
Dinner Orientation: Wednesday, March 1, 2017
Session 1: March 10, 2017
Session 2: April 7, 201
Session 3: May 5, 201
Session 4: June 2, 201
Session 5: June 23, 2017
Sessions 1-5 : Fridays 8am - 5pm; Networking 5-6pm
Space is limited.
THE TOP 5 BEST JOBS FOR 2016 ARE IN HEALTHCARE
U.S. News & World Report 2016
"The Certificate in Leadership in Healthcare Transformation program better prepared me to be successful in the evolving healthcare environment. The renowned professors and real-world experts were phenomenal, and the interaction with seasoned colleagues in the healthcare industry greatly enhanced my learning inside and outside of the classroom. I found the experience to be extremely rewarding."
Kim L. Mikes, BSN, RN, CNOR
Executive Nursing Director/Operations Director
Women's Health Institute, Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian
Moving The Needle - Program Objectives
The CLHT program prepares participants to be leaders throughout the healthcare transformation by:
- Analyzing healthcare delivery as an integrated value chain
- Increasing understanding of the healthcare industry and current environment
- Providing knowledge, skills, frameworks, and tools to drive change and solve unprecedented challenges
- Enhancing ability to collaborate and operate cross-functionally
- World-class Merage School faculty pair with highly experienced, healthcare industry executive practitioners to deliver relevant and practical modules through highly interactive sessions
- Program-specific Educational Container website enhances the learning experience
- An orientation dinner plus five full days of instruction (one full day scheduled approximately once per month)
- Two modules per program day, delivered on the UCI campus
- Valuable networking opportunities throughout the program
- Approximately 70 hours of learning with forty hours of interactive classroom instruction and facilitation
"Educational Container" - Interactive Resource
Students engage materials and each other through a web-based Educational Container that enhances the learning experience before, during, and after each module. Pre-readings, extended reference libraries, videos, and additional materials are available around the clock to students. Interactions with peers, faculty, executive practitioners, and program staff are enhanced by chat, blog and posting capabilities. During the program, students maximize the value of their learning through interactive dialogue and group activities. After the program has ended, students have ongoing access to the full multimedia reference library, enhancing their ability to apply their learning in the service of enterprise initiatives as well as their own career development.
|EDUCATIONAL CONTAINER INTERACTIVE RESOURCE:
|Pre-Work (2-4 hours)
- Introductory video
- Learning objectives
- Pre-module assignments
- Online quiz
|Interactive Classroom Learning (4 hours)
- Academic faculty and executive practitioners co-design an co-teach module
- Recorded sessions for review
- Resources to enable transfer of learning to the workplace
- Reference Library
- Topical and timely articles
- Optional online chats and discussions
- Lifetime access to most current program videos and materials
- Clinicians, administators, and all healthcare professionals who want to drive personal and organizational advancement
- Leaders, managers, and administrators from the entire healthcare value chain
- Product and service innovators who have a vision of the industry's future
- Individuals from all disciplines who are passionate about the healthcare industry and transformation
"The Certificate in Leadership in Healthcare Transformation (CLHT) Program curriculum provided me with a unique and extremely valuable opportunity to broaden my business skills and acumen through a highly interactive curriculum focused on application to healthcare industry specific issues. The caliber of the instructors, executive practitioners, and the interactive curriculum was first-rate. I look forward to applying the concepts in my business and plan to take advantage of the on-going resources and network available to me through the program."
Donald Altman, M.D., MBA.
Owner / Surgeon
Irvine Plastic Surgery Center
Space is limited!
To learn more about the program including preferred pricing opportunities or to register, email ExecEd@merage.uci.edu or call 949-824-6610.
"The Certificate in Leadership for Healthcare Transformation (CLHT) is, without a doubt, a valuable program for any medical professional wishing to make a difference and create value for patients, families, and colleagues committed to a transformative healthcare process. The faculty, curriculum, and in-class exercises created an atmosphere of cooperative learning and modeled the very collaborative and constructive networking that is necessary to change processes and promote innovation. It was an excellent program!"
Diane Nugent, MD
Chief of Hematology
Director, CHOC Blood and Donor Center
Hematology Advanced Diagnostic Laboratory and Center for Inherited Blood Disorders
Professor UC Irvine, Pediatric Hematology
Join participants from organizations such as: