- Title: Taco Bell Endowed Professor of Information Systems and Computer Science; and Director, Center for Digital Transformation (CDT)
- Office Phone: 949.824.5215
- 949.725.2832 (Fax)
- Office Location: SB 315
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Key Research/Interest Areas:
- IT and Innovation
- Strategic Sourcing of IT-Enabled Services
- Value of IT Investment
- Economics of Information Systems
- Ph.D., University of Rochester
- Master's, University of Rochester
- Master's, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
Vijay Gurbaxani is the Taco Bell Endowed Professor of Information Systems and Computer Science and Director of the Center for Digital Transformation (CDT) at the Paul Merage School of Business, University of California, Irvine. His research, teaching and consulting interests are at the nexus of business strategy and information technology (IT). He focuses on analyzing how emerging information technologies enable business model innovation; on developing and evaluating business-driven strategies for the sourcing of information services; and on valuing IT investment. His approach is distinctive in its use of economic principles as the lens with which to analyze strategic management questions.
Visit the Center for Digital Tranformation website.
“Information Systems Outsourcing Contracts: Theory & Evidence, in Managing in the Information Economy: Current Research," U. Karmarkar and U. Apte (Eds.), New York, NY, Spring 2007.
"Investigating the Risk-Return Relationship of Information Technology Investment: Firm-Level Empirical Analysis,” with C. Shi and Sanjeev Dewan, Management Science, Vol. 53 (12) December 2007.
Managing Information Systems Costs: An Economic Analysis of Hardware-Software Tradeoffs, ICIT Press, Washington D.C., June 1990.
- Doctoral Dissertation Award, best dissertation in the information systems field (co-winner), International Center for Information Technologies, 1987-1988.
- Outsourcing World Achievement Award, Academic Category, PricewaterhouseCoopers and Michael Corbett and Associates, 2002.
- Outstanding Faculty Award, Andersen Consulting, 1989-1990.
- Dean's List, William E. Simon Graduate School of Business Administration, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York.
- Departmental Fellowship, ranked first in the Department of Mathematics, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, India.