- Title: Associate Professor, Finance
- Office Phone: 949.824.0936
- Office Location: SB2 329
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Key Research/Interest Areas:
- Hedge Funds
- Mutual Funds
- Regulation and Money Management
- PhD University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- BS, Babson College
Christopher Schwarz’s research interests include the management, disclosure, and operational risk of the investment fund industry and the impact of manager incentives and structure on investment fund performance.
His research has been published in such leading academic journals as the Journal of Finance, the Journal of Financial Economics, the Review of Financial Studies, and the Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis and included in testimony before the U.S. Congress House Financial Services Committee.
His most recent CV can be downloaded here.
- “Are Hedge Fund Managers Systematically Misreporting? Or Not?” with Philippe Jorion, 2013, Journal of Financial Economics, 111, 311-327.
- “The Strategic Listing Decisions of Hedge Funds,” with Philippe Jorion, 2013, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, forthcoming.
- “Decision Making and Risk Aversion in the Cash Cab,” with Richard Bliss and Mark Potter, 2012, Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, 84, 163 – 173.
- “Mutual Fund Tournaments: The Sorting Bias and New Evidence,” 2012, Review of Financial Studies, 25, 913 – 936.
- “Trust and Delegation,” with Stephen J. Brown, William Goetzmann and Bing Liang, 2012, Journal of Financial Economics, 103, 221 – 234 (lead article).
- “Mandatory Disclosure and Operational Risk: Evidence from Hedge Fund Registration,” with Stephen J. Brown, William Goetzmann and Bing Liang, 2008, Journal of Finance 63, 2785—2815.
- Excellence in Teaching, Fully Employed MBA, 2012, 2013
- Excellence in Teaching, Full-Time MBA, 2011, 2012, 2013