- Title: Assistant Professor, Accounting
- Office Phone: 949.824.0020
- Fax: 949.725.2875
- Office Location: SB 442
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Key Research/Interest Areas:
- Executive compensation (structure and incentives)
- Corporate innovation
- Contract design and incentives
- Insider trading
- Voluntary disclosure
- Pricing of accounting information
- PhD, New York University, Stern School of Business
- BA, The American University of Paris, France
Professor Lucile Faurel earned her Ph.D. from New York University and joined The Paul Merage School of Business in 2008. Her research interests include executive compensation (structure and incentives), corporate innovation, contract design and incentives, voluntary disclosure, and the pricing of accounting information. Her research has been published in top accounting journals, including the Journal of Accounting and Economics and the Journal of Accounting Research. She currently teaches MPAc- and MBA-level courses in financial statement analysis as well as MBA- and undergraduate-level courses in financial accounting. She recently received numerous research grants and an excellence in teaching award in 2013.
- Post Loss/Profit Announcement Drift, with Karthik Balakrishnan and Eli Bartov, Journal of Accounting and Economics 50(1), May 2010, 20-41.
- Manager-Specific Effects on Earnings Guidance: An Analysis of Top-Executive Turnovers, with Francois Brochet and Sarah McVay, Journal of Accounting Research 49(5), Dec 2011, 1123-1162.
- Economic Determinants and Information Environment Effects of Earnouts: New Insights from SFAS 141(R), with Brian Cadman and Richard Carrizosa, Journal of Accounting Research 52(1), Mar 2014, 37-74.
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act and Patterns in Stock Returns around Executive Stock Option Exercise Disclosures, with Eli Bartov, Accounting & Finance, forthcoming.
Awards and Fellowships
UCI Paul Merage School of Business, Don Beall Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship Research Grant Award, 2012, 2014
UCI Academic Senate Council on Research, Computing & Library Resources (CORCL) Award, 2008-2012, 2014
UCI Paul Merage School of Business, Excellence in Undergraduate Education Teaching Award, 2012-13
Best Paper Prize, California Corporate Finance Conference for “Economic Determinants and Information Environment Effects of Contingent Considerations: New Insights from SFAS 141(R),” 2012
- Best Paper Prize, Center for Corporate Reporting and Governance Annual Conference for "Investors' Use of Executive Stock Option Exercises as Signals for Future Firm Performance in the Pre- and Post-SOX Eras," 2010
- NYU Stern School of Business, Marcus Nadler Fellowship, 2007-2008
- Deloitte & Touche Foundation Doctoral Fellowship, 2005-2008
- NYU Stern School of Business, Doctoral Fellowship, 2003-2007
- NYU Stern School of Business, Award for Ph.D. Teaching Excellence, 2006