- Title: Assistant Professor
- Office Phone: (949) 824-3176
- Office Location: SB2 342
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Key Research/Interest Areas:
- Business Ethics
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Organizational Justice
- PhD, University of Illinois at Chicago
- MA, University of Illinois at Chicago
- BS, University of Wisconsin-Madison
Chris Bauman joined the Paul Merage School of Business in 2011. He previously had appointments at the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University and the Foster School of Business at the University of Washington. His research addresses how people make sense of and respond to their social environment, including the individuals, groups, and organizations with whom they interact. One line of his research focuses on how individuals determine issues of ethics and fairness. This work includes studies of individual decision making, group diversity, and corporate social responsibility. Another line of his research examines information processing in negotiation and its implications for tactics that can increase individual or mutual gains.
His research has been published in top journals, including Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, Research in Organizational Behavior, Journal of Behavioral Decision Making, and Journal of Cross Cultural Psychology. His work has also been featured in the Wall Street Journal, The Atlantic, Boston Globe, and Orange County Register.
Representative Papers (click HERE to see a complete list of publications)
- “Diverse according to whom? Racial group membership and concerns about discrimination shape diversity judgments” with S. Trawalter, and M. M. Unzueta. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, Vol. 40, 2014, pp. 1354-1372.
- “Revisiting external validity: Concerns about trolley problems and other sacrificial dilemmas in moral psychology” with A. P. McGraw, D. M. Bartels, and C. Warren. Social and Personality Psychology Compass, Vol 8, 2014, pp. 536-554.
- “Corporate social responsibility as a source of employee satisfaction” with L. J. Skitka. Research in Organizational Behavior, Vol. 32, 2012, pp. 63-86.
- UCI Distinguished Assistant Professor Award for Teaching, 2016
- Full-time MBA Excellence in Teaching Award, 2016
- Fully-employed MBA Excellence in Teaching Award, 2016
- Health Care Executive MBA Excellence in Teaching Award, 2015
- Full-time MBA Excellence in Teaching Award, 2015
- Full-time MBA Excellence in Teaching Award, 2013
- Fully-employed MBA Excellence in Teaching Award, 2013
- Full-time MBA Excellence in Teaching Award, 2012
- Health Care Executive MBA Excellence in Teaching Award, 2012