- Title: Assistant Professor, Operations and Decisions Technologies
- Office Phone: 949-824-1343
- Office Location: SB2 333
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Key Research/Interest Areas:
- Applications of optimization and game theory to collaboration and coordination activities in service operations and supply chains.
- Sustainable/Environmental operations, product take-back policies and economics
- Network economics, resource pricing and allocation
Ph.D. Operations Research, H. Milton Stewart School of Industrial & Systems Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology
B.S. Mathematics, Zhejiang University
Luyi Gui joined the Paul Merage School of Business in 2013 as an assistant professor of Operations and Decisions Technologies. She received her Ph.D. in Operations Research from the School of Industrial and Systems Engineering at Georgia Tech. She received a B.S. degree in Mathematics from Zhejiang University in Hangzhou, China.
Her research interests lie at the intersection of operations research/operations management and game theory, and focus on studying collaboration and coordination activities in practical contexts. Her current work addresses the problem of managing decentralized network systems with resource or cost sharing, and focuses on two applications: (i) efficient and effective implementation of product take-back regulation, and (ii) coordination of capacity sharing in business alliances via market-based mechanism design. She was the recipient of the 2012 Blanchard Scholarship Award in honor of Ray Anderson for her research in sustainability. Her work was awarded an Honorable Mention in the Best Paper Competition in the INFORMS Section on Public Programs, Services and Needs in 2012.
- Gui, L., Atasu, A., Ergun, Ö. and Toktay, L. B. (2016), Efficient Implementation of Collective Extended Producer Responsibility Legislation. Management Science, 62(4), 1098-1123.
- Ergun, Ö., Gui, L., Heier Stamm, J. L., Keskinocak, P. and Swann, J. (2014), Improving Humanitarian Operations through Technology-Enabled Collaboration. Production and Operations Management, 23: 1002–1014.
- Gui, L., Atasu, A., Ergun, Ö. and Toktay, L. B. (2013), Implementing Extended Producer Responsibility Legislation. Journal of Industrial Ecology, 17: 262–276.
- Honorable Mention, Best Paper Competition, INFORMS Section on Public Programs, Services and Needs. 2012.
- Blanchard Scholarship Award in sustainability (in honor of Ray Anderson) 2012.