“Our goal is to help all our MBA students develop lifelong career management skills that enable them to successfully launch their careers – and provide them with the framework to make more effective career decisions for the rest of their lives.”
Merage MBA Career Center
At the Merage Career Center, our focus is to provide training, education and resources to help all our students achieve life-long career success.
Your MBA investment will yield ever-changing career opportunities. In order to take advantage of them, you will need sharp career management skills to leverage throughout the life of your career. The MBA Career Center offers an array of resources to help build and polish your career management skills, as well as personalized advice to help you tackle complex career issues.
MBA students connect to companies through a variety of ways, including On-Campus Presentations, On-Campus Interviews, our Online Resume Database, Resume Refferals, our MBA Career Night & MBA Career Fair, and Company Site Visits.
You may view or download the full FEMBA Guide to the MBA Career Center here.
During your first and second year, we focus on career development training, while the third year is focused on career search strategies.
|Attend FEMBA Career Launch
||Use Career Resource library
||Attend Day-in-the-Life Series
||Attend club events
|Complete your Professional Development Plan
||Participate in career workshops & mock interviews
||Attend Company Information Sessions
||Participate in Mentorship Program
|Post your resume to Merage database
||Participate in Career Connections & Recruitment
||Explore online job postings
||Attend MBA Career Fair
- Online Career Assessment: Career Leader software helps you to clarify your career vision and goals.
- Career Resource Library: Access the Merage online library tool for MBA-related career resources
- Day-in-the-Life Series: Presentations from local executives in your field of interest.
- Club Events: By attending student club events, you can network with high-profile executives as well as attend company site visits.
- Individual Career Advising: Experienced career advisors partner with FEMBA students to help advance your career or transition into another industry or job function.
- Career Management Workshops: Topics include resume writing, interviewing techniques, salary negotiations, job search strategies and more.
- Mock Interviews: Practice your interviewing skills through our web-based video interview module. Career advisors will provide individualized feedback.
- Resume Database: Post your resume on our web-based system and gain exposure to hundreds of companies that recruit our MBA students. A separate database is also available for experienced and executive-level job seekers.
- Career Connections & Recruitment:
- Attend company information sessions, submit your resume and meet recruiters who visit the campus and interivew our MBA students for career positions,
- Fill out a profile and develop an approved resume so that we can represent you to companies requesting pre-screened applicants,
- Attend MBA Career Night in the Fall and MBA Career Fair in the Spring and sign up for company site visits, such as the Bay Area Trek in December.
- Job Listings: Explore the hundreds of exclusive online listings of jobs specifically for Merage students.
- Mentorship Program: Students are paired with senior executives in our business community in the Mentorship Program.