In the Merage Health Care Executive MBA program, you will join your peers from the pharmaceutical, medical device, managed care, insurance, healthcare management, and healthcare policy industries, many of whom have advanced or doctoral degrees. You will gain the fundamentals of business management and a thorough understanding of the economic, political, and social dynamics that are reshaping the global healthcare industry.
The course of study is structured to expose you to a full range of business disciplines utilizing a variety of elements: case studies, lectures, distinguished speakers and team projects.
- The 21 month HCEMBA Program begins every Fall and concludes in June of the second year.
- Students complete 92 units for the M.B.A. degree including 12 core courses, 3 non-core (elective) courses and 3 residentials
- Classes are held (1) weekend per month, from Thursday at 7:00 pm to Sunday at 12 noon. Students attend (7) consecutive 10-week quarters, including (1) summer.
- A quarter consists of (3) weekends
- 3 Intensive courses (residentials) which are 5-days in length each: an opening residential on Responding to Dynamic Times: Thinking Strategically for Health Care Executives (in Southern CA); a Federal Policy in Health Care residential in Washington DC midway through the program; and a capstone Executive Leadership residential (in Southern CA)
Study Groups Foster Teamwork
Your team members and other classmates will be an integral part of your learning experience. In this lock-step, cohort program, the class stays together for the duration of the program. Study groups are formed to encourage teamwork. A key HCEMBA advantage is the sense of community that develops among students as you study together, confront similar workplace challenges, and learn from the group's broad collective experience.
Download our Brochure 2016.pdf