A Health Care Executive MBA is a specialized type of MBA. The right candidate for a Health Care Executive MBA typically has:
- Educational Background: A Bachelor’s degree (required) and possibly a graduate or doctoral degree. Many students hold the title of MD, MPH, DDS, DO, OD, RN or Pharm.D.
- Work Experience: A minimum of five (5) years of work experience in healthcare. Work experience is heavily valued, with emphasis on increasing amounts of responsibility through the progression of your career.
- Current Employment: A health care position with significant management responsibility or an entrepreneurial role with top-level responsibility.
- Career Outlook: Clearly defined goals that the Health Care EMBA would help achieve. It is important to define how you expect to use the knowledge, skills and contacts you will develop to grow an organization or yourself.
- Motivation and Temperament: Energy, drive and ambition to succeed. The HCEMBA program will demand a significant amount of time and effort on top of your job responsibilities, and students must be highly motivated to successfully accomplish the program.
The Health Care Executive MBA program is a specific type of MBA with distinctive characteristics and special value to mid-career professionals on a health care career path.
Select the MBA Program at The Paul Merage School of Business that’s right for you:
||Health Care Executive MBA (HCEMBA)
|Fully Employed MBA (FEMBA)
|Average Years of Work Experience
||10-13 (with minimum 5 years working in Healthcare)
|Example Job Titles of Class Members
- MD, MPH, DDS, DO,OD, RN PharmD
- Executive Director
- Vice President
- Medical Director
- Clinical Researcher
- Business Development
- Corporate Counsel
- Nurse Manager
- CFO, COO
- Senior Vice President
- Vice President
- Senior Director
- Business Owner
- General Manager
- Senior Engineer
- Program Manager
- Account Manager/ Executive
- Project Manager
- Marketing Specialist
- Sales Manager
||Thursday 7-10pm through 12 noon Sunday, one weekend per month
||Friday & Saturday, 8:30 am-5:00pm, every other week
|On Campus or Hybrid Delivery Options: (2) 3-hour classes per week, either on 2 weeknights or through our Hybrid FEMBA option- Online and 4 Saturdays per quarter
|24 - 33 months
Fall or Spring Start Options