Dear Incoming Undergraduate Business Students,
Welcome to the Merage School family! I know that your time here will be truly exciting. Over the next few years you will meet people who will become friends for life, and you will have experiences that will shape and influence your future. It is my hope that you will look back on your years here with a great fondness.
As you participate in campus life, you will be exposed to new ideas and will develop your own opinions and thoughts about society, culture, politics and business. You will grow and develop academically, learning new methods of critical thinking and problem solving. There are many ways to get involved beyond the classroom, and I encourage you to take advantage of the following:
- Develop leadership skills in any of the 300 student organizations on campus (including 14 business clubs)
- Attend campus activities and sporting events
- Participate in the Business Plan Competition
- Participate in research symposiums
- Hear successful corporate executives share their experiences through a series of interactive talks
- Explore career options and internships to find the best fit for you
Along with the Merage School faculty and staff, we are committed to ensuring you develop the relevant, innovative skills needed to succeed in today’s economy. You are part of a group of the best and brightest on the UC Irvine campus.