Freddie Mac Economist Visits Merage School
Frank E. Nothaft
Frank E. Nothaft, chief economist for Freddie Mac, made an appearance at The Paul Merage School of Business in March to give members of the Center for Real Estate an update on housing and the mortgage market. Nothaft emphasized how low mortgage rates are supporting a gradual uptick in sales of housing. He also pointed out that while housing prices are down 25 to 30 percent we are nearing the bottom and U.S. house price indexes will likely bottom out in 2012. Unsold inventory in Orange and Los Angeles Counties, however, remains above the California average. Nothaft did note that the economy is gradually strengthening and that we can expect 2.3 percent to 2.7 percent growth in real GDP this year.
Nothaft's presentation was part of a special meeting for board members and friends of the Center for Real Estate at The Paul Merage School of Business. For more information about the Center for Real Estate, visit merage.uci.edu/go/cre.
More News and Views
- Corporate Partners Celebrates 30 Years
- Building for the Future
- Business Plan Competition 2012
- New Graduate Program Targets Engineers
- Merage School Undergrads Head to Edwards Lifesciences
- Announcing the Center for Digital Transformation
- SWS Group Announces Scholarship Program
- Freddie Mac Economist Visits Merage School
- Bausch & Lomb Executive Talks Transformation
- Moehlman Hosts DLC Book Signing Event
Mark Your Calendar
For all upcoming events visit: merage.uci.edu/go/calendar
Invite prospective students for Full- Time, Fully Employed, Executive and Health Care Executive MBA programs starting in fall 2012.
MAY 15, 2012
Todd J. Teske
Chairman, President & Chief Executive Officer, Briggs & Stratton Corporation