Advance your accounting career with UCI's top-ranked Master of Professional Accountancy (MPAc) program. The MPAc program prepares students for a successful accounting career by offering an immersive experience that focuses on developing an advanced level of technical mastery and professionalism. The program is the only UC based program in Southern California that allows you to customize your degree with tracks in Data Analytics and Tax.
Earn a Master's Degree Designed for Accounting Leaders
Ranked among top 25 accounting programs nationwide, according to 2018 Public Accounting Report, your Master's experience at UCI will provide you with the opportunity to interact and work with the best and brightest. Collaborate with current Merage students and get connected with the broad network of Merage School alumni. You will be immersed in a curriculum that, coupled with your prior coursework, will enable you to meet new State of California Board of Accountancy education standards for Licensure as a Certified Public Accountant.
How we measure up:
- More than 80 firms and companies recruit our graduates including the Big Four, Mid-Tier, Regional, and Local Firms
- 94%+ of our Master of Professional Accountancy (MPAc) alumni are employed within 6 months of graduation
- Opportunity to recruit for a paid internship with some of the top firms by industry
- Career management and advising; professional development workshops
- Access to recruitment fairs, speaker events, campus interviewing and job postings
- Classes and networking opportunities with current MBA students
- Interaction with top-notch researchers, faculty and professionals in all areas of accounting
- Option to customize your academic experience with tracks in Data Analytics or Tax
- "I chose the Merage MPAc program because of the opportunities and the high caliber of faculty. Recognized across the globe as a strong academic program, the Paul Merage School of Business is a program unlike any other. The faculty take the time to develop our skills for the professional world and help us create lifelong connections. I have developed a greater love for accounting and am excited to begin my career in Public Accounting." Rachel Bushrow, MPAc '19
Audit Associate, KPMG
- "As businesses globalize and digitize, and industries face disruptive innovations, the demand for skilled accountants and auditors has never been higher. UCI's Master of Professional Accountancy program emphasizes the development of technical, professional and real world practical skills that allow the graduates to hit the ground running and deliver real value to organizations."Michael Juergens
- "I chose the Merage MPAc program because of the ability to take various types of accounting classes. The people that make up the program are of the highest quality, as professionals and people, from the students to the program staff and professors. It is a comforting environment that seemed like the best place to continue to grow as a person and accountant, while helping me continually progress to the goals that I have set for myself."Matt LaCascia, MPAc '18
Audit Associate, Grant Thornton
A Top-Ranked University and Business School - UCI and the Merage School
- No. 1 in the world for percentage of female faculty (Financial Times, 2020)
- No. 9 Public University in the nation (U.S. News & World Report, 2020)
- MONEY magazine ranked UCI #1 best public university in the nation
- 38th Most Entrepreneurial School as ranked by AffordableSchool.net
- The New York Times ranks UCI #1 in the nation doing the most for the American dream
Download a brochure and receive timely updates about information sessions and consultation opportunities.