Professional Development and Custom Training
Is your organization strategically positioned for the future? Learn about today’s most influential approaches to driving strategic change with the Merage School’s Custom Programs offering unique development opportunities for industries and companies. UC Irvine’s MBA-quality executive education delivers personalized, innovative curricula and methods of research-based, yet practical content from renowned faculty and thought leaders. We incorporate your organization’s business context, culture, and resources in the face of your industry’s specific opportunities and threats. The Merage School’s Office of Executive Education partners with you to position your organization for a transformation future.
Elevate Your Organization and Increase Value:
- Enhance leadership skills and effective decision-making
- Identify and resolve organizational challenges and manage unforeseen risks
- Implement new strategies and best practices to positively impact bottom-line and daily performance
- Gain a new understanding of innovation and stay ahead in today’s competitive global and digitally driven market
- Reward and retain high-potential and high-performing employees
for Female Faculty in the World
|Our highly-personalized relationship
||Enjoy our service-oriented and collaborative partnership. We offer immediately actionable approaches and sustainable solutions through an efficient, cost-effective, and engaging experienced team.
|Vast UC community of resources
||Gain access to our network of exceptional resources including faculty, leadership connections, networking advantages, as well as our best practices and acclaimed academic and research knowledge.
|Learn from the best
||Our world-renown leaders and experts in academia and business incorporate impactful educational methods and a personalized learning environment that engage participants and enhance their knowledge with lively discussions, interactive case studies, forward-thinking frameworks and practical tools.
|Targeted and customized solutions
||The Merage School drives business improvements around the globe. We customize educational content directly relevant to your industry, with the capability and flexibility to build a fully customized curriculum or specifically tailor content from our numerous open enrollment programs.
|Choose the location
||Situated in the heart of Orange County, our location combines the best of Southern California in a bustling, beachside economic hub with global connections. Our facilities include a stunning, 78,000-square-foot building where we blend high-tech with high-touch. For added convenience, we can also deliver the program at your offices or another off-site location.
|Certificate from UC Irvine's The Paul Merage School of Business
||Your employees recognize their commitment to learning and professional development by achieving a certificate of completion from a globally recognized, top-ranked institution.
|A unique, transformational journey
||Experience immediate impact and lasting value for your employees and your company.
Executive Education Clients
Many of our clients include long-time, valued customers who return for new programs. Here’s a small sample of Executive Education clients:
- Children’s Hospital Orange County
- Providence St. Joseph Health
- Hyundai Motor America
- Ingram Micro, Inc.
- Mazda North America Operations
- Molina Healthcare, Inc.
- Monarch HealthCare
- Palace Entertainment
- PIMCO, LLC
- Trojan Battery
- Western Digital
Mindfully selected and developed in-class and on-site experiences with relevant, real-world business issues give our Custom program participants the edge needed to help companies thrive in today's ever-changing global economy.
- Critical Thinking & Decision-Making
- Innovation & Product/Service Development
- Digital Transformation & Big Data
- Strategy & Strategic Growth
- Finance for Non-Finance Managers
Optional, Value-Added Elements
- Orientation and Kick-off Event – an ideal and unique networking and team-building activity popular with our corporate clients and participants
- Customized Website "Educational Container" – an interactive resource for participants to engage with peers, instructors, and program staff, as well as to access materials before, during, and after each module. Enhanced learning is achieved with interactive dialogue, videos, pre-readings, extended reference libraries, group activities, and more, and includes ongoing access after program's conclusion.
- Integrated Project Work – Strategic priorities can include activities such as identifying operational synergies, development of new products or services, and more. Participants can work in groups and present project deliverables at the program's completion.
Custom Program Examples
Issue-Focused and Business Model Workshops
We configure workshops based on client needs and objectives. For example, a workshop might include two full-day sessions for a senior team comprising individual assessments, team dynamics, and change leadership. For an executive team, the arrangement might be hands-on workshops to develop a strategic plan and a marketing plan.
Our instructors are actively involved in the design process. Flexibility is built in to allow collaboration and input from client contacts and executives to help fully-tailor module content. Categorized modules drive a logical flow throughout the program:
- Business Context modules (e.g., strategy, big data) establish foundation, ecosystem, and trends
- Functional Excellence modules (e.g., innovation, finance) are table stake skills for leaders and provide practical frameworks and tools across enterprise-wide functions
- Skills for Growth modules (e.g., Intrapreneurship, critical thinking) enhance expertise in strategic thinking, relationship building, and leveraging teams on key initiatives
Examples: Two Different Leadership Custom Programs
||Client A (Public Company)
||Client B (Private Company)
||Create annual means of identifying high-potentials ready for next step
||Design initial foray into executive development
||Ten modules, one compact week, “boot camp” style
||Ten modules, one module per month for ten months
||Concentrate on specific business goals
||Focus on growth, retention, and development
|Engagement of C-Level
||“Color commentary” and observers
||Early informers and test drivers
||Even balance of modules and project work
||Focus on modules with department-specific project follow-ons
Our Custom Programs are also offered to internationally-based companies, universities, and groups. Learn more
Ready to start your transformational journey? Contact us today to schedule a complimentary consultation.
Office of Executive Education
4291 Pereira Drive, SB2 Suite 350
Irvine, CA 92697-3125