Certificate for Real Estate Transactions: A Practical Guide
Obtain analytical tools and practical guidance to enhance your career and improve your ability to develop successful real estate projects by gaining an in-depth appreciation and understanding of the technical and legal sides of commercial real estate transactions.
This four-day course provides you a robust understanding of the necessary legal and technical sides of any real estate transaction in California. Starting with the actual purchase, the attendee will learn step-by-step how the transaction progresses through:
- Design and architecture
- Survey and engineering
- Title and title insurance
You’ll get hands-on exposure to forms and procedures that experts in each of these fields use daily. And, learn the “why” behind the procedures and forms used so that you can confidently interact with attorneys, title officers, architects, and civil engineers, and others whose work is critical to successful real estate development.
- Learn and understand what forms and documents underlie commercial real estate transactions; purchase and sale agreements, escrow instructions, title policies, architectural plans, survey, and lending documents
- Gain an in-depth appreciation and understanding of how developers and landowners use consultants, lawyers, and engineers in creating and completing major developments
- Create your own library of essential templates, examples and procedures to use in development projects of your own
Who Should Attend
- A college graduate (B.A. or higher) who is seeking to advance his/her career in the field of commercial real estate.
- A currently enrolled graduate student of the Merage School of Business, or other UCI school (School of Social Ecology, Law, Engineering, Education, etc.).
- A currently employed professional seeking to sharpen their practical skills and understanding of the financial and legal implications of commercial real estate transactions. (classes are in the late afternoon).
- Employees at lending institutions (banks), developers; brokerage firms, law firms, asset management companies, property management companies, real estate consulting and service firms, seeking higher education and specialized training in the field of commercial real estate.
Mr. Weinberg has been in property law for over 30 years. His colleagues have included real estate title officers, licensed surveyors, civil engineers and general contractors. As an instructor, Paul moderates continuing education panels for lawyers. He also taught civil trial practice at the University of California’s Hastings College of Law, as well as Land Use Planning and Zoning Law at UCSF School of Law, UCI School of Law, and Western State University College of Law. Paul is a graduate of UC San Diego and the Jesuit Law School, University of San Diego. Paul is well-versed in problem solving as well as guiding projects through entitlement, negotiation and drafting agreements, and working with lenders in a variety of California real estate transactions