This program will provide participants with an overview of how to analyze and finance a real estate investment. Learn essential Excel skills to create dynamic and sophisticated commercial real estate valuation property cash flow models to analyze transactions on both an unlevered and levered basis.
- Develop an advanced knowledge of real estate valuation concepts and apply them in Excel
- Build dynamic and easily auditable real estate financial models using the best practices in the industry
- Prepare advanced sensitivity and scenario analyses to evaluate commercial real estate investments
- Utilize and learn sources for real estate market and economic data
- Forecast and model property cash flows for underwriting commercial real estate transaction
- Understand critical due diligence materials
- Underwriting different product types (office, industrial)
- Modeling different investment structures (outright purchase, development, joint venture, refinancing, etc.)
- Evaluating alternative financing methods (senior debt, mezzanine debt, bridge financing, joint venture equity, etc.)
- Preparing market analysis (market/submarket, demographic and economic profiles)
- Understanding various types of investors (return profiles, reposition and exit strategies, current active market participants)
- Reviewing transaction documentation (offering memorandum, third party reports, typical due diligence materials)
*Scholarships and preferred pricing are being offered to current Merage School students (undergraduate and master's level), UCI Alumni, and current Center for Real Estate advisory board members.