This program will provide participants with an overview of how to analyze and finance a real estate investment. Learn essential Excel skill sets to prepare property cash flows and create dynamic and sophisticated commercial real estate valuation models to analyze transactions on both an unlevered and levered basis.
- Develop an advanced knowledge of real estate valuation concepts and apply them in Excel
- Build dynamic and easily auditable complex real estate financial models using the latest best practices in the industry
- Prepare advanced sensitivity and scenario analyses to evaluate commercial real estate investments
- Utilize and learn sources for real estate market and economic data
- Forecast and model property cash flows and underwrite commercial real estate transaction
- Understand critical due diligence materials
- Underwriting different product types (office, retail, industrial)
- Modeling different investment structures (outright purchase, development, joint venture, refinancing, etc.)
- Evaluating alternative financing methods (senior debt, mezzanine debt, bridge financing, joint venture equity, etc.)
- Preparing market analysis (market/submarket, demographic and economic profiles)
- Understanding various types of investors (return profiles, reposition and exit strategies, current active market participants)
- Reviewing transaction documentation (offering memorandum, third party reports, typical due diligence materials)
*Scholarships and preferred pricing are being offered to current Merage School students (undergraduate and master's level), UCI Alumni, and current Center for Real Estate advisory board members.