You will experience some of the most valuable and enjoyable learning opportunities at our unique off-site residentials, including a second-year course on Federal Policy in Health Care which takes place in Washington D.C.
Opening Residential: Responding to Dynamic Times: Thinking Strategically for Health Care Executives
This experience is designed to prepare you for the rest of your MBA career. You’ll be introduced to your classmates and small-study team and work with them intensively.
- Held for 5 days in an Orange County hotel
- Topics include organizational design, organizational culture and power, group processes, competitive analysis, corporate strategy, and business ethics
- Introduces a variety of instruction methods including case analysis, group presentations, and group-based teamwork
- Format includes group projects, experiential exercises, discussions and formal lectures
- Provides team-building exercises to help foster a collaborative learning environment
Second-Year Residential: Federal Policy in Health Care
This experience takes you to our nation's capital to delve deeply into the complex world of health care policy. Earn up to 30 CME units during this residential.
- Held for 5 days in Washington D.C.
- Gain a better understanding of health care issues and learn firsthand how the legislative and regulatory processes work.
- Topics include: Key Health Issues and the Government, Issues with Medicaid, The Current Health Care Agenda in Congress, Long-Term Trends in Healthcare, Budgetary Crisis, Patient Safety Regulation, False Claims and Investigations, Physician Reimbursement, Tax Treatment Issues of Insurance, Medicare Reform and SCHIP, Influencing Congress, Public Health Preparedness, Intellectual Property and Health Care Policy Initiatives in the New Congress.
- Students meet with health industry leaders, policy analysts, politicians, lobbyists and consumer group leaders.
- May include local visits and tours of the Hart Senate Building, The Cosmos Club, The Heritage Foundation, The Capital Room and the Capital Building.
- Optional cultural events may include visits to museums, historic sites of interest, monument tours, and theater or music performances.
Final Residential: Executive Leadership
The HCEMBA Program culminates in a capstone residential course on Executive Leadership. This residential provides a 360-degree evaluation of each student and allows you to reflect on what you have learned, how you have developed professionally, and how you will shape your future as a business manager and leader.
- Held for 5 days at a Southern California retreat
- Student groups evaluate students to offer constructive feedback
- Provides a clear perspective on your skills as a leader
- Presents a variety of tools to continue to improve your leadership
- Prepares you to take control of your career by creating an explicit career action plan
Note: All program costs, speakers, events, transportation, and hotels are included in your tuition, with the exception of round-trip airfare to the Federal Policy in Health Care Residential. We will make the arrangements for your accommodations for all three residentials.