Focus On Career Development
One of the benefits of joining the MSBA program is the individual focus on employment and career coaching. Our Career Services team works individually with students to prepare for the recruitment and job interview process. We help students identify the best career opportunities to pursue.
Some students enter the MSBA program with focused career objectives, many others do not. Regardless of where you are in the process, we are ready to partner with you to help you achieve your personal career goals through three key pillars:
- Individual Career Advising
- Industry Events and Connections
As a Master of Science in Business Analytics student, you will participate in ProSeminar, our unique, three-quarter long course that is coordinated with the Merage School Career Center. This course provides you with practical skills for your career success by focusing on:
- Career Planning
- Job Search Strategies and Tactics
- Resume Building
- Interview Preparation
- Networking Techniques
- Salary Negotiation
- Public Speaking
- Business Writing Skills
The process begins during Orientation with Career Visioning and Professional Plan Development activities that set the foundation for your job search and your career path for the next 5 years. In addition, the Career Center maintains an extensive network of hiring organizations and provides resources and activities to help you make important career connections.
- 90% Placement Rate After 6 Months of Graduating
- $83.2K Starting Salary
- Irvine Home to One-Third of All Fortune 500 Companies
- Career Visioning and Individual Strengths Exploration
- Creating an Exceptional Resume and Cover Letter
- Job Search Strategy
- LinkedIn Best Practices
- Networking Strategies
- Interview Preparation and Mock Interviews
- Developing a Strategic, Practical Professional Development Plan
- Offer Negotiation
- Career Fairs – Hosted each quarter by the UCI Division of Career Pathways.
- Day in the Life Events – Hosted annually by Merage Career Services, these events are designed to connect students with industry professionals to share advice and best practices.
- Company Site Visits – Hosted by Merage Career Services as requested by employers.
- Career Night – Hosted annually by Merage Career Services in the Fall to Build relationships with the local business community.
- Dual access to both the Merage School job board as well as the University job board
- A database of company contacts that is updated and maintained by Merage Career Services
- Online resources and software designed to help you practice your job search strategies – from company research to resume building to interview preparation.