The MBA for Executives program provides a sequence of three off-site immersive learning experiences (residentials), including an international experience which is invaluable in today's global environment.
Opening Residential: Responding to Dynamic Times: Thinking Strategically for Executives
Scheduled prior to your first regularly scheduled class weekend, this experience is designed to introduce you to being a student again.
- Held at a business-class hotel in Orange County.
- Topics include organizational design, organizational culture and power, group processes, competitive analysis, corporate strategy, and business ethics.
- Instructive methods include case study analysis, group presentations, and group-based teamwork.
International Residential: Global Immersion
A highlight of the EMBA program, the international residential takes a thematic approach to exploring global business. You will have the opportunity to experience global business first hand from a corporate, academic and cultural standpoint. Recent international residentials have been held in Thailand/Myanmar, India and Israel.
- Held for 6 days. Students stay in four- and five-star business-class hotels in major urban centers.
- Typical topics include: major issues faced by US companies overseas, investment climate, banking and finance, supply chain management, manufacturing, technology, government, marketing, and economic transition in emerging economies.
- Senior-level executives from US and foreign-based companies discuss the challenges they face. Company tours follow most on-site presentations by executives.
- Optional cultural events may include visits to museums and historic sites of interest.
Closing Residential: Executive Leadership Practicum
This residential provides a time to reflect on what you have learned, how you have developed professionally, and how you will shape your future as a leader and executive.
- Held at a Southern California retreat hotel.
- Provides a clear perspective on your skills as a leader.
- Presents a variety of tools to continue to develop your leadership capabilities.
- Prepares you to take control of your career by creating an explicit career action plan.
Note: Immersive experience courses content are subject to change. All program costs, speakers, events, transportation, and hotels are included in your tuition, with the exception of your round-trip airfare for the international residential. We make the arrangements for your accommodations for all three residentials.