Executive MBA | Healthcare Leadership Track
In the digital economy, organizations are under pressure to keep up with emerging trends and an ever-changing business environment.
No industry is exempt—including healthcare. Technology is disrupting the way we manage and deliver healthcare. Are you prepared to lead transformation and embrace opportunities for innovation in your industry?
The Merage School’s emphasis on digital leadership prepares our Executive MBA students to think creatively and strategically about business challenges of the future. Because of our location on the tech coast, we are uniquely equipped to leverage knowledge and expertise from a variety of established and growing industries, especially healthcare. We have a long tradition of training professionals from the medical device, biotechnology and health services sector to succeed at the executive level.
Through our Executive MBA Healthcare Leadership Immersion, you will build a general management foundation complemented by opportunities to further explore the healthcare space, enabling you to apply your understanding of business to the changing healthcare industry.
Our program maximizes your return on investment by delivering relevant knowledge and skills, valuable connections with peers in other industries and prestigious credentials to accelerate your career and organization.
Healthcare Leadership Immersion: Leadership for a Digitally Driven World
Diana Ramos, MD, Surgeon General, State of California, EMBA '20
The skills that the EMBA program at UCI has given me in marketing, operations, strategy and negotiations are invaluable.Karen Noblett, Chief Medical Officer, Axionics Modulation Technologies, EMBA '19
Sample Elective Courses:
- Digital Health
- Business of Medicine
- Competing with Digital in Healthcare: Analytics, Platforms, Business Models
- Healthcare Entrepreneurship
- Understanding Managed Care
- Federal Policy in Healthcare (Residential immersion experience in Washington D.C.)
Federal Policy in Healthcare Residential
This experience takes you to our nation's capitol to delve deeply into the complex world of healthcare policy.
- All expenses except airfare and airport transfers included in tuition
- Held for five days in Washington D.C.
- Gain a better understanding of healthcare issues and learn firsthand how the legislative and regulatory processes work
- Topics include: Key Health Issues and the Government, Issues with Medicaid, The Current Healthcare Agenda in Congress, Long-Term Trends in Healthcare, Budgetary Crisis, Patient Safety Regulation, False Claims and Investigations, Physician Reimbursement, Tax Treatment Issues of Insurance, Medicare Reform and SCHIP, Influencing Congress, Public Health Preparedness, Intellectual Property and Healthcare Policy Initiatives in the New Congress
- May include local visits and tours of the Hart Senate Building, The National Press Club, The Cosmos Club, The Heritage Foundation, The Capitol Room and the Capitol Building
- Students meet with 20+ speakers similar to: Sr. Counsel and Head of Regulatory Advocacy, GE Global Law & Policy, President, U.S. Association of Former Members of Congress, National Political Correspondent, The Washington Post, Head of Global Policy, Cigna, Health Law Reporter, Bloomberg Law, Vice President, Global Government Affairs, Medtronic, Vice President, Policy, Medicaid Health Plans of America
- You may earn CME units during the residential
The UCI EMBA has complemented and expanded my leadership skills beyond patient care and integrated the understanding of the business that impacts medicine. The program has pushed me outside of my comfort zone and has been transformational in preparing me to merge global leadership in healthcare and business innovation.Diana Ramos, MD, Surgeon General, State of California, EMBA '20