The Fully Employed MBA (FEMBA) program is all about flexibility to accommodate your busy schedule. You can start the FEMBA program in either Fall (on-campus and Hybrid) or Spring (on-campus).
Our rigorous and relevant curriculum is focused on refining your skills as an agile leader, anticipating disruption and capitalizing on marketplace opportunities. Woven throughout the program are four drivers of business growth – strategic innovation, information technology, analytic decision-making and collaborative execution – taught through the latest research insights, real world projects and industry case studies. Each of these themes is integrated into the core to help you build a solid foundation on which to effectively compete in today's digitally driven world.
Another hallmark of the FEMBA program is teamwork. You attend all of the core classes with the students in your individual cohort. This model provides you with a collaborative and intense teamwork-driven environment.
Key features of the Fall program:
- Begins in September; attend classes for a total of 9 quarters
- Complete the program in 33 months with summers off or in 24-27 months including summer quarters
- During the core curriculum, attend 2 three-hour evening classes per week
- Select one of two program delivery options: On-Campus or Hybrid
- Take convenient weeknight core courses held on Tuesday and Thursday 7:00 p.m. - 9:50 p.m.
- Select from 50-60 electives in the last four quarters, with flexible online, evening and Saturday options
- On-campus students may enroll in online or hybrid elective courses as schedules permit
- Hybrid section lectures are accessed online (60% of curriculum)
- Students attend classes in-person on-campus 4 Saturdays per quarter from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (40% of curriculum)
- Students may enroll in hybrid, online or on-campus electives as schedules permit
- To learn more, see our Introduction to Hybrid FEMBA Sandbox course and Hybrid FEMBA flier
The FEMBA program consists of 19 courses, including nine core courses, seven electives and three offsite experiential residentials, including one international residential trip. Most students complete the program from 24 to 33 months, depending on their individual academic and career goals.
Fall Program Schedule - On-Campus or Hybrid
Specializing Your MBA
The Merage Consulting Program course offers you the opportunity to gain consulting experience with an established company. Under the guidance of a dedicated faculty expert and with coaching by successful business executives, students engage in a 10-week project for course credit.
Translate Curriculum Into Real-Life Application
Put into practice the business skills and tools you learn by addressing a legitimate business problem faced by a well-known area company. Class lectures augment your project with analyses of relevant managerial issues. Some of the tangible benefits you receive from the course are:
- Sharpen your conceptual, analytical and technical knowledge and skill sets
- Gain valuable insight in a new industry and/or functional area
- Gain skills in project management, management consulting and solution-oriented management
- Enhance your resume with professional experience that may be a stepping stone in your career
- Focus on one or more strategic topics that cut across functional areas
- Deliver an on-site presentation and written report with your team to senior management
Companies that participate in the course regularly report exceptionally high standards of satisfaction with the quality of the work our students provide. Consulting projects have been completed for diverse companies, ranging from consumer goods to high tech to financial institutions to real estate and beyond. A few of these corporations include:
- Advanced Medical Optics
- Altos Group
- Apria Healthcare
- Beckman Coulter
- Connexion by Boeing
- ESI / Dodge
- First Team Real Estate
- Ingram Micro
- Lowe Enterprises
- Nestle Waters
- Northwestern Mutual Financial Network
- Pacific Life
- Restaurants on the Run
- The Gallup Organization
- Verizon Wireless
Our curriculum at the Merage School offers you the high-caliber, holistic preparation you need to become an effective leader in a digitally driven world. Core and elective courses examine how technology is disrupting all aspects of business across a diverse range of industries, from manufacturing and finance to healthcare and retail. Our focus on innovation allows you to prepare now for the career of tomorrow. We offer between 50-60 electives annually across all disciplines (weeknight or hybrid format). Below the current elective list, you will find a few course descriptions for some new courses offered in the 2019-2020 academic year:
- Driving Profitability Through Managerial Accounting
- Financial Statement Analysis and Valuation I
- Financial Statement Analysis and Valuation II
- International Accounting
- Cybersecurity Risk Management
- Intro to Data Analytics for Accounting (MPAc)
Economics & Public Policy
- Business of Medicine
- Understanding Risk in Health Care
- Bonds and Fixed Income
- FinTech and The Digital Economy
- Multinational Finance
- Venture Capital and Private Equity
- Programming and Data Analysis for Business (MFin)
- Technologies & Analytics Consulting (MSBA)
- Business Intelligence
- Data & Program Analytics
- Digital Strategies
- Software Thinking for Managers
- Advanced Data Analytics (MSBA)
- Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies
- Data Architecture (MSBA)
- Deep Learning Applications (MSBA)
- Python for Management
- Big Data Analytics with Hadoop (MSBA)
- Big Data Management Systems (MSBA)
- Analyzing Organizations from the Inside
- Applied Game Theory
- Business Law
- Media & Entertainment
- Merage Consulting Projects
- Sustainability & Competitive Advantage
- Consumer Behavior
- Brand Management Simulation
- Insight Marketing
- Marketing on the Internet
- Marketing Research
- Micromarketing with Digital Footprints
- Social Media Marketing
- Sales Management
- Digital Marketing for Business Analytics (MSBA)
Operations and Decision Technologies
- Analytical Decision Models
- Decision Analysis
- Predictive Analytics
- Supply Chain Management
Organization and Mangement
- Global Negotiations
- Managing Performance in 21st Century
- Organizational Change
- Strategic Communication
- Applied Real Estate Security Analysis and Portfolio Management
- Introduction to the Real Estate Process
- International Real Estate
- The Real Estate Development Process
- Introduction to the Real Estate Process
- Mixed-Use Community Land Development
- Real Estate Capital Markets
- Seminar in Management of the Real Estate Enterprise
- Competitive Intelligence
- Corporate Strategy
- Networks, Platforms, and Ecosystems in Business Strategy
- Practice of General Management
- Strategy in a Digital Age
- Media & Entertainment
Sample Course Descriptions for Electives That Prepare You For the Digital Age:
Media & Entertainment Digital Disruption
Inter-disciplinary course provides a detailed understanding of the overall ecosystem, the path to monetization and the impact of digital disruption.
Industries examined in the course include gaming, the music industry, publishing and the film industry. The course explores the impact of digital distribution, as well as trends in development, and marketing driven by digitization and big data.
Networks, Platforms, and Ecosystems in Business Strategy
This course provides a rigorous, economics-based and real-world-grounded development of the theory of networking effects and standards competition, platform economics, ecosystems management and regulatory impacts.
You will study models, synthesize strategies and apply the tools to contemporary and historical situations via class discussions, problems and assignments.
Strategy for a Digital Age
This course examines continuing digitization, including Blockchain transaction control, digital manufacturing, cheap robotics and automation and the application of artificial neural networks to large data sets.
We focus on applying the unchanging basic principles of strategy, economics and organization to these new developments.
Digital Transformation: The specialization in Digital Transformation prepares students to lead their organizations to success in the digital economy. Digital technologies are appreciating in power at incredible rates and changing the business environment in profound ways. Digital Transformation is the reinvention of businesses to reflect the digital world. The economics of the digital world are fundamentally different from those of the physical world, and imply new rules of competition. They change business strategy, structure and practices in profound ways. You will learn how to analyze technology-enabled change broadly and how to leverage digital technologies across businesses, from the perspective of both incumbents and startups. Completion of the MBA specialization requires 4+ academic courses and participating in the Center for Digital Transformation’s annual Road to Reinvention conference.
Health Care Management and Policy: The specialization in Healthcare Management and Policy prepares you to excel in today’s complex healthcare business environment. Developed and administered with the Merage School’s Center for Health Care Management and Policy, this specialization builds on the Center’s mission to engage its partners in collaborative education, research and community service programs. You will develop a deep understanding of not only the underlying economics of healthcare, but also the policies, regulations and institutions that impact healthcare markets. Students at the Merage School can earn the MBA specialization in Healthcare Management and Policy by successfully completing a set of key electives and participating in the Center’s annual Health Care Forecast Conference.
Innovation and Entrepreneurship: The Beall Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship provides you with academic and practical training to gain a solid understanding of launching and/or growing a business in today’s competitive environment. The specialization in Innovation and Entrepreneurship prepares students who are either planning to or have already embarked on a career as an entrepreneur (innovating to form new companies) or an intrapreneur (innovating within existing companies). Earn the MBA specialization in Innovation and Entrepreneurship by participating in the Merage School New Venture Competition and completing key electives focused on entrepreneurship and innovation.
Real Estate and Urban Development: The Center for Real Estate provides world-class resources and research to future leaders and entrepreneurs working in real estate. To that end, the Center focuses on the pursuit of emerging best practices in the real estate profession. The MBA specialization in Real Estate and Urban Development provides you the practical skills and theories needed to succeed in an ever-changing marketplace. It takes a holistic approach to real estate, drawing from the lessons of past cycles and current trends in order to best prepare you for your career in real estate. Earn this MBA specialization through successful completion of five academic courses focused on real estate.
As a FEMBA student, you join an exceptional learning community. Our professors are top scholars who have been educated at many of the nation’s most prestigious universities. They consult at Fortune 500 companies, advise global enterprises and counsel executives at the highest levels. Our real-world practitioners include CEOs and senior leaders from global enterprises. You benefit from the same faculty and practitioners who teach in all the Merage School MBA programs.
Faculty recognition extends far beyond the classroom to include scholarly research that is published in top-tier academic publications. Rather than passing along old information, they create new knowledge, new business models and bold new solutions. Merage School faculty offer you exceptionally high standards. The level of expertise, rigor and enthusiasm they bring to your education is second to none.Learn more about the Merage School faculty.