MBA Certificate in Digital Transformation
The MBA Certificate in Digital Transformation prepares students to lead their organizations to success in the digital economy. Digital technologies are appreciating in power at incredible rates and changing the business environment in profound ways. Digital Transformation is the reinvention of businesses to reflect the digital world. The economics of the digital world are fundamentally different from those of the physical world, and imply new rules of competition. They change business strategy, structure and practices in profound ways. Students will learn how to analyze technology-enabled change broadly and how to leverage digital technologies across businesses, from the perspective of both incumbents and startups.
UCI Paul Merage School of Business Master’s students in programs which require two years of study or more (Full-Time MBA, Fully Employed MBA, Executive MBA, Health Care Executive MBA and MS in Biotech Management) are eligible to pursue this certificate.
- Enroll in and successfully complete MBA 294 EDGE course.
- After completing MBA 294 EDGE, enroll in and successfully complete at least 3 additional elective courses from the list of courses below (sorted by academic theme). Select electives from this list are not offered every academic year.
- Analytical Decision Making Models
- Business Intelligence for Analytical Decisions
- Data and Programming for Analytics
- Fundamentals of Business Analytics
- Predictive Analytics
- Revenue Management
- Analytics and Technology Consulting
- Digital Strategies and Markets
- Consulting Projects for Entrepreneurial Companies
- Venture Capital and Private Equity
- Design Management and Innovation
- Marketing on the Internet
- Marketing Strategies in High-Tech Markets
Organization & Management
- Applied Game Theory
- Business Dynamics
3. Attend the Center for Digital Transformation’s annual conference, Road to Reinvention.
4. Successful completion of Master's degree requirements.
After completing all of the eligibility requirements, students must:
- Complete an online application indicating courses taken and grades received at eee.uci.edu/survey/MastersCDTCertificate
- Submit the application via e-mail or in person at the beginning of your final quarter before graduation. The Certificate will be awarded after successful completion of all requirements.
The Master of Science in Business Analytics prepares you for a wide range of high-demand opportunities in big data and business analytics across a variety of industries throughout California and beyond. Taught by world-class faculty and leading researchers in the field, this intensive one-year, full-time program thoroughly prepares you to handle large volumes of structured and non-structured data and apply a variety of analytics methods to the data in different business contexts.