MBA, Harvard Graduate School of Business Administration
Master of Arts, Cambridge University
Bachelor of Arts, Cambridge University
Entrepreneurship and General Management
Edward is the Chairman & CEO of Aculon, Inc., a leading specialty chemical company that invents and commercializes surface modification treatments at the nanoscale. Aculon works in the electronics, oil & gas, consumer, and industrial markets. Edward has nearly 30 years of experience, including 20 years in senior leadership roles in the Golf and Technology sectors.
- Chairman & CEO, Aculon 2008 - Current
- CEO, PowerMetal 2004 - 2008
- SVP/GM, TaylorMade 2001 - 2004
- GM/VP, Maxfli Golf 1996 - 2001
- Aculon – Taken technology company from pre-revenue to high growth and profitability
- PowerMetal Technologies – Founder, grew business. Sold significant stake to DuPont.
- TaylorMade-adidas Golf – Doubled profitability of North American business in 2 years and grew top line 18%
- Maxfli – As VP Marketing and then General Manager, turned business from $6 million loss to $6 million profit, then sold business to TaylorMade-adidas Golf
- Diageo (Pillsbury Company) – Part of team that doubled profitability in 2 years
- Leadership – Passion for building businesses and leadership teams.
- Value Creation – Proven ability to analyse businesses, markets, products, and growth opportunities, then introduce strategic and tactical solutions to improve performance while increasing revenues and shareholder value.
- Edward has been teaching HBS cases for 8 years both at the Harvard Business School Club of San Diego’s Management Development programs and as a guest lecturer in the New Venture Management program at UC Irvine’s MBA program since 2011. At the Harvard Business School Club Edward has always been consistently one of the two top ranked moderators
- In 2018, Edward took over running the New Venture Management program at UC Irvine. In his first year he updated the course to be more contemporary to the digital age we work in. The 2018 course received very positive feedback with 93% of the students giving the course an A. Only one student gave the course a B+. The instructor rankings were equally positive with 100% of the students giving the instructor an A- or better rating and 89% rated the instructor an A.
Edward serves as President of the Harvard Business School Club and is a former member of the Young Presidents Organization. He earned his master’s degree from Cambridge University in England and his MBA from Harvard Business School, where he was a George F. Baker Scholar.