PhD, Stanford University
Organization Theory and Behavior
Stability and Change in Organizations
Decision Making and Information Processing
Qualitative Research Methods
- Dynamics of organizational routines: A generative model. 2012. Pentland, Brian, Martha S. Feldman, Markus Becker and Peng Lui. Journal of Management Studies. 49(8):1484-1508
- Toward a theory of coordinating: Creating coordinating mechanisms in practice. 2012. Paula A. Jarzabkowski, Jane K. Lê and Martha S. Feldman. Organization Science; 23(4) 907-927.
- Practicing Theory and Theorizing Practice. 2011.. Martha S. Feldman and Wanda J. Orlikowski. Organization Science, Special Issue Perspectives on Organization Science: The First 20 Years. [download]
- Routines as a source of change in organizational schemata: The role of trial-and-error learning. 2011. Claus Rerup and Martha S. Feldman. Academy of Management Journal. [download]
- Designing routines: On the folly of designing artifacts, while hoping for patterns of action. 2008. Brian T. Pentland and Martha S. Feldman. Information and Organization 18 (2008) 235–250. [download]
- Narrative networks: Patterns of technology and organization. 2007. Brian T. Pentland and Martha S. Feldman. Organization Science, 18(5): 781-795. [download]
- Organizational routines as a unit of analysis. 2005. Brian T. Pentland and Martha S. Feldman. Industrial and Corporate Change, 14(5): 793-815. [download]
- Resources in emerging structures and processes of change. 2004. Martha S. Feldman. Organization Science, 15(3): 295-309. [download]
- Reconceptualizing organizational routines as a source of flexibility and change. 2003. Martha S. Feldman and Brian T. Pentland. Administrative Science Quarterly, 48: 94-118. Reprinted in: B. Nooteboom (ed.) Knowledge and learning in the firm. Cheltenham, UK: Edward Elgar Publishing, 2006. [download]
- Received 2009 Administrative Science Quarterly award for scholarly contribution
- A performative perspective on stability and change in organizational routines. 2003. Martha S. Feldman. Industrial and Corporate Change, 12(4): 727-752. [download]
- Organizational routines as sources of connections and understandings. 2002. Martha S. Feldman and Anat Rafaeli. Journal of Management Studies, 39(3): 309-332. [download]
- Organizational routines as a source of continuous change. 2000. Martha S. Feldman. Organization Science, 11(6): 611-629. Reprinted in Nathalie Lazaric and Edward Lorenz (eds.) Knowledge, Learning and Routines (Critical Studies in Economic Institutions). Cheltenham, UK: Edward Elgar Publishing, 2003. [download]
- Boundaries as Junctures: Collaborative Boundary Work for Building Efficient Resilience. 2014. Kathryn S. Quick and Martha S. Feldman. Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory 24(3): 651-671.
- Distinguishing participation and inclusion. 2011. Kathryn S. Quick and Martha S. Feldman. Journal of Planning Education and Research 31(3): 271-290.
- Received ACSP’s 2012 Chester Rapkin Best Paper Award for the combined volumes 30 and 31 of JPER.
- Generating resources and energizing frameworks through inclusive public management. 2009. Martha S. Feldman and Kathryn S. Quick. International Public Management Journal, Vol. 12, No. 9:137-171. [download]
- The role of the public manager in inclusion. 2007. Martha S. Feldman and Anne M. Khademian. Governance, 20(2): 305-324. [download]
- Ways of knowing and inclusive management practices. 2006. Martha S. Feldman, Anne M. Khademian, Helen Ingram, Anne S. Schneider. Public Administration Review, 66(6) (Special Issue on Collaborative Public Management): 89-99. [download]
- To manage is to govern. 2002. Martha S. Feldman and Anne M. Khademian. Public Administration Review,62(5): 541-555. [download]
- Principles for public management practice: From dichotomies to interdependence. 2001. Martha S. Feldman and Anne M. Khademian. Governance,14(3): 339-362. Reprinted in: R. Hodges (ed.) Governance and the public sector. Cheltenham, UK: Edward Elgar Publishing, 2005. [download]
- Managing for inclusion: Balancing control and participation. 2000. Martha S. Feldman and Anne M. Khademian. International Journal of Public Management, 3(2): 149-168. [download]
- Making doubt generative: Rethinking the role of doubt in the research process. 2008. Karen Locke, Karen Golden-Biddle and Martha S. Feldman. Organization Science. Vol. 19, No. 6: pp. 907–918. [download]
- Making sense of stories: A rhetorical approach to narrative analysis. 2004. Martha S. Feldman, Kaj Sköldberg, Ruth Nicole Brown and Debra Horner. Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory, 14(2): 147-170. Reprinted in the 20th Anniversary Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory Virtual Reader. [download]
- Stories and the rhetoric of contrariety: Subtexts of organizing (change). 2002. Martha S. Feldman and Kaj Skoldberg. Culture and Organization, 8(4): 275-292. [download]