MD, UC Los Angeles
MBA, UC Irvine
Health Care Strategy
Business of Medicine
Integrated Models of Health Care Delivery
Continuous Quality Improvement in Health Care Settings
Romilla Batra, MD, MBA, is a lecturer in The Paul Merage School of Business at UC Irvine. Additionally, she serves as a volunteer faculty for UC Irvine's School of Medicine. Currently, Dr. Batra is the Chief Medical Officer for the SCAN Health Plan where she is responsible for key strategic and quality initiatives. Prior to that, she served as the Associate Program Director for the UC Irvine Internal Medicine Residency Program and as the Medical Director for the Medicine Ambulatory Clinic.
She finished her residency at UCLA School of Medicine and received her MBA from The Paul Merage School of Business at UC Irvine.
- APDIM (Association of Program Directors in Internal Medicine): Workshop presented for annual Spring meeting April 2008: “Building Educational Curricula and Continuity in Resident Clinic Practices: A Systems-Based Approach”
- “Education First: Reforming the Curriculum of the Internal Medicine PGY 1 Year”: W Gustin, R Batra, A Amin, L Rucker. Manuscript accepted for publication in Academic Medicine, Aug 2008
- Associated Medical Students Golden Apple Award 2012: Awarded to one School of Medicine Faculty in recognition of their outstanding teaching for the academic year 2011- 2012.
- Dean’s Scholar Award for being in the top 4 of the MBA class of 2009, The Paul Merage School of Business, University of California, Irvine
- Finalist, 2008 Straddling, Yocca, Carlson & Rauth Business Plan Competition for The Paul Merage School of Business: “Innovative Diabetes Gluco Center Models”
- Excellence in Teaching Award for dedication to outstanding teaching for the medical students, May 2009
- Excellence in Teaching Award for dedication to outstanding teaching for the medical students, May 2008
|Quarter / Year
||The New Healthcare Ecosystem: From Volume to Value
||Business of Medicine for Healthcare Executives