PhD, UC Irvine
BS, Drexel University
Economics of Information Systems
Future of Work
Frank MacCrory graduated with his BS summa cum laude from Drexel University, earned his PhD from the University of California at Irvine, and completed his post-doctoral studies at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He joined the Paul Merage School of Business in 2020 as an Assistant Professor of Teaching is 2020.
His research centers on the economics of information systems, platform markets, and the future of work. He has been published in Information Systems Research, Information Systems, and numerous conference proceedings.
Selected Publications, News and Honors
- Karakatsanis, I., AlKhader, W., MacCrory, F., Alibasic, A., Omar, M., Aung, Z. and Woon, W. (2017) “Data Mining Approach to Monitoring the Requirements of the Job Market: A Case Study,” Information Systems 65(1): 1-6.
- MacCrory, F., Choudhary, V. and Pinsonneault, A. (2016) “Designing Promotion Tournaments to Mitigate Turnover of IT Professionals,” Information Systems Research 27(3): 648-660.
- MacCrory, F., Westerman, G., Alhammadi, Y. and Brynjolfsson, E. (2014) “Racing With and Against the Machine: Changes in Occupational Skill Composition in an Era of Rapid Technological Advance,” Proceedings of the Thirty-Fifth International Conference on Information Systems. AIS. [Best Paper Winner]
Selected Working Papers
- MacCrory, F. and Katsamaks, E. “Competition of Systems of Platforms in the Internet of Things”
- MacCrory, F. and Shivendu, S. “Beyond Multisided: The Economics of Multilayer Platforms”
- Benzell, S., Brynjolfsson, E., MacCrory, F. and Westerman, G. “Identifying the Multiple Skills in Skill-Biased Technical Change”